Monday, January 2, 2012

Family style: Joining clothing store brings son closer to parents - The Business Review (Albany):

lihung-associations.blogspot.com
Yonally, 32, is general manager of , a departmentg store on North Pearl Street in downtow Albany that traditionally has been knowh for basic quality clothingh people no longer are able tofind elsewhere. Yonallyt decided to join the family business when he was a seniortin college. His parents had the opportunity to buy the and once Mark made the decisionto join, his parents made the purchase. What influenced his decision? "The opportunity to work with my as well as doing something that I thoughtf I would enjoy and be good at reallty influencedmy decision," he says. Theree are challenges and obstacles to working in afamily business.
Yonally says the biggestr obstacle is forgetting about the stors when there arefamily gatherings. How does he handle the delicate balance between what he wants to do in the storw and what hisfathef wants? "It's not always pretty, but each of us has to sit back and look at the other'w position, because the right course of action is often in the "When I am at work, I work extremely hard and if I need to stay to get somethiny done, then I will. But once I leave it stays there and I try not to even thinkkabout it." Yonally is a family man, both at work and at His best stress reliever is being with his son and the family dog.
He says anyonee thinking of joining the familt businessshould "stay calm and work it out, becauser the rewards are worth it; you will become closere to your family than you ever thoughf you could." Who are your customers Our customers don't really fit into one demographic--w try to be a store that has something for everyone. What is your biggestg competition? Our biggest competition is getting peoplew to think of us first before all ofthe big-boz stores. We are accomplishing this Do you haveonline competition? While it is a factor, I don' feel that it is a huge one. ...
We are in the processx of developing a Web page for our school uniformm business in order to better meetour customers' needs. What is your strategy for the store? To offer a good product at a good focus on customer service and make sure that the storer isalways neat, because if you take care of thosed three things then the rest will fall into What changes have you made?

1 comment:

  1. Most of the clothing I am selling are in storage at the moment, as I am still in the works of getting a space to sell it from! But here are some outfits that i am selling, as modeled by myself and some friends on previous occasions. Keep in mind that this is only a small selection in comparison to what I will actually be selling!

    Read This
    Kläder på nätet

    ReplyDelete